Summary of the Role
As a midweight designer, you’ll come up with stunning designs for our clients. You’ll be working with art directors and copywriters to bring ideas to life. And your work will stand out, meet brand guidelines and make our clients smile. You’ll have at least five years’ experience as a designer in an agency. If you’ve worked on IT and technology brands even better. You’ll work on everything from print ads to ebooks – and all the usual stops in between. Whatever the job, you’ll be a stickler for the details and passionate about its quality. Day to day, you’ll report in to a senior art director, and the creative director at a departmental level.
- Create high-quality designs with senior art directors, take on concepts developed by (or in conjunction with) them and bring them to life visually.
- Participate in brainstorms with copywriters and other team members.
- Understand and question briefs to get the right information.
- Develop creative and technical skills and look for fresh ways of doing things.
- Plan time effectively to meet deadlines given.
- Understand and apply brand guidelines for a variety of clients.
- Present work and explain creative thinking clearly.
- Share new new ideas and techniques.
- Develop your knowledge of our clients’ businesses and brands to help you solve their problems.
- Keep on top of admin – for example, timesheets.
- Produce work that is grammatically accurate and free from errors.
- Support and assist all staff whenever possible.
- Support the group spirit and live the brand values.
- Represent the company in a positive and professional way.
- Ensure that all work is correctly named, filed and archived according to the company security procedures.
- Attend relevant internal meetings as required.
- Show an understanding of the importance of producing and filing of all necessary paperwork relating to projects.
Desirable personal qualities
- Calm under pressure and able to handle and manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Passion and enthusiasm for producing outstanding design.
- Team player.
- Able to take direction well from senior members of team.
- Ability to present ideas with confidence.
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task when required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A powerful desire to work-hard and succeed.
- Easy going, not too precious and open to critique.
- Enthusiastic follower of marketing, creative and digital trends.
- Good conceptual ability.
- Great typographical skills.
- Illustrative and storyboarding capability would be advantageous.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator.
- Skills using Adobe After Effects, Premiere and new digital applications such as Sketch would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of design for print, prepress and art working requirements.
- Knowledge of design for digital, including responsive design, websites, email, and social media.
- Knowledge, experience and appreciation of the B2B and B2C space from a marketing perspective.
- Knowledge and experience of working with IT and Technology brands.